This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Banquet Server will follow through with the proper and timely set-up and execution of banquet events. Set up includes tables, chairs, stages, dance floors and audio visual equipment. They are required to maintain a high degree of professionalism and maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment. The Banquet Server sets up and prepares banquet room for functions. Also serves and busses tables, and clears and breaks down banquet rooms at the end of the function.
* Picks up food and carries trays to function location.
* Sets up functions (including draping tables, setting silverware, folding napkins, preparing drinks and putting out table centerpieces).
* Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager.
* If no upcoming events, please have rooms in a readiness position for any possible site inspections. Ensure that meeting rooms are re-set for next event contract if it is within one day of previous event.
* Keep inventory of all equipment in order and stored in their appropriate areas.
* Work with Guest Services to transport any and all items needed for an outdoor event not within the restaurant.
* Provide all group guests with a lasting experience of the resort with intent for return business
* Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
* Delivering alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for service to guest’s table.
* Properly open and pour wine at the table side.
* Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
* Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
* Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
* Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
* Serves and clears the food from the tables.
* Busses and breaks down tables, putting away dirty linen and centerpieces.
* Ensure your surroundings in the function room are properly cleaned, vacuumed, liht bulbs functioning, no stains on the wall, etc. Bring any deficiencies that you are unable to correct yourself to the attention of a Captain or Manager.
* Observes guests’ needs without being obtrusive. Is able to anticipate, rather than just react to, guests’ needs.
* Sets-up creative and professional looking buffets that are inspected for cleanliness and functionality prior to being opened for guests.
* Is knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and restaurant policies.
* Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
* Participate in and pass alcohol awareness and safety training classes
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Serving Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.