Customer Service / Operations Team Member
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Photo Rental Source is Houston’s source for Photography and Videography equipment rentals. We help customers get the cameras, lenses, lighting equipment, and accessories they need for short to medium term rentals. Our customers vary including full time professionals, part timers who may be growing a small business, hobbyists doing travel, family, and other fun projects, and even beginners looking to try their first “real” camera.
We are here to help photographers and videographers get their jobs done, we don’t up-sell or push any products that customers don’t need.
We are looking for a new team member to assist our team in all aspects of running our photo and video equipment rental business on a day to day basis. Our team members have a history of retail camera shop experience, are photography enthusiasts, and some also shoot professionally part time. An ideal candidate would be familiar with at least some brands of photography equipment, videography equipment, and other accessories such as audio equipment. While we don’t expect everyone to know everything about all equipment, Photo Rental Source team members all share a passion for photography/videography, enjoy learning about new equipment and expanding their knowledge and skills related to our industry, and helping customers get the tools that meet their needs.
* Answer customer questions about equipment they need in person, over the phone, or via email.
* Help customers place orders on our website.
* Prepare and pack camera equipment for customer rental orders.
* Provide equipment to customers when picking up orders in the office, explain how equipment works as needed.
* Inspect/clean equipment returned after rental is completed.
* Update inventory tracking systems, equipment availability on website.
* Follow up with customers via phone or email regarding missing items, rental term extensions, etc.
An ideal candidate would have the following skills/experience:
* Customer service experience: comfortable conversing with customers and answering questions in person, on the phone, or via email.
* Attention to detail: Our customers expect that we know the difference between an f/2.8 and f/4 lens, or a version I vs version II model, and that we know all of the accessories that are included with their rental equipment.
* Able to work in a flexible, small team environment: Our team is small (4 - 5 people), and we work together to help each other as needed.
* Punctuality and availability: Our customers expect we are on time and ready to meet their needs when we are open (10:00 AM to 6:00 PM). Fridays are our busiest days of the week so our team needs to be available on those days.
* Knowledge of videography equipment, audio equipment, and some post processing is a big plus.
* We are open on weekdays from 10-6, however being able to trade some weekday time for Saturday availability would be a big plus.
*Photo Rental Source provided the following inclusive hiring information: *
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $19.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Bonus pay
Up until now masks have been required in the office, and we are doing curbside pickup as an option. Mask requirements are loosening, but all employees are vaccinated.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
* Houston, TX 77024: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Photography: 1 year (Required)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.