Cargo Airline Inside Sales/Customer Service/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This job is no longer accepting applications.
*POSITION DESCRIPTION *
*Inside Sales/Customer Service* *Representative* – Full time
Polar Air Cargo - Sales, Chicago & Midwest
Office is located at the Southeast corner of O’Hare Airport.
Due to Covid-19, combination of telework and work in the office to be arranged with the successful candidate. Presence at the office may be required ― always under the safety and health conditions, mandates and guidelines issued by authorities and the company.
Telework also a possibility in the long term, as conditions an job obligations permit.
*Work Hours *
Monday to Friday, exact times to be arranged and defined with successful candidate.
*Reports to *Sales Manager, Midwest
*POSTION SUMMARY *
In a supporting role to the Sales Manager, represents company in customer interactions, with main focus on rate quotes, short-term selling, bookings and service quality. Assists Sales and Operations in the day-to-day activities.
*MAJOR JOB DUTIES *
* Responds timely to customers’ requests, providing appropriate spot rates and pricing, decisions which may require calculations and analysis.
* Collaborates with internal teams to determine or develop optimum product and logistics solutions for customers. Actively promotes the Polar Air Cargo product.
* Identifies, researches and, when possible, resolves customer complaints and service issues. Averts and/or diffuses potential customer problems, following through in all details.
* Identifies short-term capacity opportunities and pro-actively markets them via sales calls, and/or email actions.
* Assists Sales Management by cross-selling, upgrading and increasing existing customer use of Polar Air Cargo, by qualifying and selling new accounts.
* Creates, maintains, updates and/or utilizes customer and/or freight reports and information in computer database and/or company records.
* Assists in pre-flight planning, identifies and communicates issues in the allocation and pallet build-up to terminal services and/or management, and ensures resolution.
* Assists Revenue Accounting with research, maintains departmental filing.
* Assists corporate customer service in research of claims by gathering requested documentation.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school degree, any higher education preferred.
* Experience in the airfreight industry, customer service, air cargo operations or other related field.
* Knowledge and understanding of the air cargo industry.
* Proven interpersonal, communication, writing and telephone skills.
* Ability to track, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and issues simultaneously.
* Comfortable working with computers, demonstrated ability in air cargo computer applications (booking, handling or operations e.g. CargoSpot), CRM Systems (SalesForce) and basic MS Excel/Office skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $48,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.