Social Media Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
*KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY*
* Build and maintain an impactful and rapid plan to promote breaking news on all major social platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc. to drive traffic back to the SBJ/SBD web site.
* Work with the editorial staff to develop an effective calendar to promote our stories, in-depth packages and conference speakers/agendas.
* Work with marketing staff to create native advertisement campaigns
* Incorporate other new businesses and potential PR opportunities as well.
* Create and execute a social media plan and guidelines for all staff, adhering to SBJ brand guidelines.
* Coach and consult with editorial staff on personal social media outreach, ensuring ultimate SBJ goals.
* Partner with the video and audio team to create innovative social media posts, as well as create visually appealing posts with images on short notice.
* Attend SBJ conferences to amplify and create unique content from various sources such as live sessions as well as covering panels
* Collect regular, targeted social media analytics, share them across sections of the company and use them to plan improvements to the overall SBJ brand
* Create posts that match the channel’s audience and adhere to SBJ’s editorial style and guidelines.
* Working knowledge of best practices for posting news and information on major social platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
* Familiarity with or comfort learning collective social media platforms (i.e. Sprout Social, Hootsuite) and how to best use them, including understanding their limitations and how to work around them.
* Creativity and a zest to be on the cutting edge.
* Familiarity or willingness to learn content creation tools for both video and images such as Canva etc.
* Belief in quality and upholding the high standards that SBJ is known for from a writing and visual perspective.
* Process orientation and ability to “say no” occasionally.
* Ability to work across multiple constituencies and to teach others.
* 3-5 years of experience.
* Successful experience having operated on social media platforms.
* Willingness to innovate and roll up one’s sleeves to build the program.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Social Media Management: 3 years (Preferred)
* Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
* One location
* Temporarily due to COVID-19
Your application has been successfully submitted.