Director of Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Taste, our mission is to make great food easily accessible.
Taste is a marketplace where you can order nice dinners from the best restaurants for shipping anywhere - to your home or to friends. Amazing chefs can now access hundreds of millions of diners outside of their physical restaurant. Food lovers, people who live far away, and parents with small kids can now easily access food from the best chefs in major cities. Just tap your phone and an amazing dinner is freshly made and shipped to you anywhere in the US.
We are backed by Y Combinator and closed a $2.2M seed round from top investors, including the founder of Caviar, Mitch Kapor, and execs from Google and Facebook. Our restaurant partners include award-winning chefs from Michelin Plate and Michelin Star restaurants Houseman, Huertas, Baar Baar, Marea, Casa Enrique and we’re onboarding new partners every week.
*You will find this opportunity exciting because you will: *
* Build a fast-growing business from the ground up
* Be in charge of strategy, logistics, and operations, the backbone of Taste
* Create and run processes to onboard and keep restaurants super happy
* Create and run processes for phenomenal customer service
* Get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to achieve our goals, which include hands-on restaurant onboarding, managing supplies and our storage unit, and packing and supply runs when necessary.
* Build a metrics-driven org to supply restaurants with needed packaging
* Negotiate and execute contracts with major shipping carriers to minimize errors and keep diners and restaurants happy
* Establish and maintain budgets
* Work directly with the company’s seasoned startup founders to implement long-term business strategy, plans, and procedures
* Have opportunity to launch new markets and be in control of balancing supply and demand
*We’re excited about you if you have: *
* 5+ years in operations or GM experience
* Joined early at a tech startup or built your own business
* 2+ years experience in supply chain or packaging
* 2+ years experience with process-driven outreach
* Loves restaurants and food
* Can negotiate high value contracts with ease
* Can run business development and sourcing processes with ease
* BS at a 4-year university in business, operations or related fields
*Bonus points: *
* Experience growing marketplaces
* Experience working inside restaurants
* Have built and scaled customer service organizations
Compensation is competitive with a large equity stake
Joining Taste means you’ll be at the epicenter of a movement to help the best chefs expand their reach and make great food easily accessible.
Chefs want our service because we help them reach hundreds of millions of diners who love their art and diners love us because we make the best restaurants easily accessible in the home. Before Taste, amazing chefs could only serve people who fit in their physical restaurant and there’s often a line out the door and a long waitlist for reservations at peak times. Now, they can break the limitations of space and time and build a better business.
For diners like us, Taste lets you skip the commute into the city, do away with logistics and reservations, and simply enjoy amazing cuisine at home.
We’re a technology-focused company that’s making an impact in the real world. As a member of the founding team, you’ll be working with three-time founders with multiple exits. We’re well funded by top-tier investors and located in NYC.
*Taste Technologies Inc provided the following inclusive hiring information: *
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Operations management: 3 years (Required)
* Supply chain: 2 years (Preferred)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.