This job is no longer accepting applications.
_(Formerly the Fifth Ward Enrichment Program) _
*JOB DESCRIPTION *
*Site Coordinator - Middle School*
*General Description *
The Site Coordinator is responsible for the daily coordination of Urban Enrichment Institute (UEI) activities and the delivery of services to inner-city male youth, ages 12 to 19, at designated HISD schools and UEI sites. These services and activities include, but are not limited to, after-school programming, life skills workshops, student-teacher-parent sessions, home visits, counseling, and some planned evening and weekend outings. The Site Coordinator is the primary mentor, role model, counselor, and advocate for youth participating in UEI. The Site Coordinator is a full-time staff member of UEI.
* Develop a strong working relationship with the school principal and faculty.
* Secure base-room and related facilities, at respective schools, for all program activities.
* Coordinate the referral process for recruitment and enrollment of male youth.
* Identify and coordinate service needs for teen fathers.
* Make routine home visits and parent contacts.
* Serve as an active member of the school’s SDM (Shared Decision Making) team, when possible.
* Deliver life-skills curriculum and related issues in a positive environment.
* Integrate abstinence-based principles into daily teaching and counseling sessions.
* Coordinate and manage the duties of assigned peer mentors (college students).
* Assure that each youth is exposed to and engaged in all program components.
* Coordinate tutoring and educational aids, as needed.
* Plan and facilitate leadership retreats, recreational activities, focus groups, and forums.
* Plan and coordinate outings and field trips that engage youth in educational, vocational, cultural, and career-awareness activities.
* Maintain a case file on each youth participant.
* File weekly and monthly reports highlighting activities, participation, special projects, and outstanding youth.
* Maintain cleanliness and report maintenance needs of assigned vans.
* Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation to and from work, and current automobile liability insurance.
* Working knowledge with computers and productivity software (i.e., Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat).
* Effective writing and verbal skills.
* Prior history with experience of working in a public school-setting preferred.
* Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required.
* Two (2) years minimum experience in social work or youth services preferred.
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required.
Urban Enrichment Institute _(formerly the Fifth Ward Enrichment Program)_ is an equal employment opportunity employer that is seeking qualified female and male applicants for the position. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Urban Enrichment Institute depends solely on your qualifications. Female applicants shall be fully considered on an equal basis with male applicants for all management and supervisory level positions.
*4014 Market Street, Suite W145 **Houston, Texas 77020 * | * _phone_ (713) _229-8353 _*| *_fax _(713) 229-8311*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $37,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* youth development: 1 year (Preferred)
* social work: 1 year (Preferred)
* Spanish (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Required)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.