Wheelchair Patient Transport
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Charis Services, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and Federal Contractor, specializing in providing transportation services to Federal Agencies across the United States. We provide Wheelchair Van Transportation, Sedan and Special Mode Transportation, as well as Valet Parking Services.
We are currently looking for experienced drivers needed to perform wheelchair (W/C) patient transportation to and from patient residences, hospitals and clinics in the Fayetteville, NC area. Potential candidates must be able to pass Drug Screening Test and Background Checks. Must be responsible, courteous, and customer service focused. Must be at least 21 years old and a US Citizen.
* Provide through-the-door non-emergency transportation services
* Smile, make eye contact and verbally greet guests upon pick-up
* Assist as needed with wheel chairs and provide other assistance as needed
* Clearly communicate with others and uses radios when necessary
* Promptly notify supervisor of any concerns
* Follow all departmental procedures and policies to ensure efficient, safe & secure operations
* Work as a team player
* *Drive vehicles, operate lift and properly secure wheelchairs*
* *2+ years in W/C patient transportation industry & passion for service*
* 5 years driving experience
* Current NC driver's license w/no DUI's/reckless driving within last 5 years
* Professional appearance; neatly groomed to impress
* High school Diploma or Equivalent
*Job Type* : Full-time and Part-time
*Salary: * $19.37/hour
*Local candidates only: *
*Required experience: *
Patient Transportation: 2.5 years
*\*NOTE: * Experience must be reflected on Resume\*
*Required license or certification: *
NC Driver's License/ First Aid and CPR
*Required education: *
High school diploma or equivalent
*Required language: *
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid vacation (after 1 year of continuous employment)
Health and Welfare benefit (Paid via SEP-IRA)
Company-owned vehicle provided for patient transport
If interested in applying for position, *after being contacted via phone or email*, you will be required to submit your resume and the following documents asap to expedite consideration:
* Current Resume (*must show experience related to job requirements*)
* Copy of current First Aid Card/Certificate
* Copy of valid NC Driver's License
* Copy of MVR/ 3-year Driving Record (no more than 30 days old)
*\*NOTE* : You may send your resume and required items you "currently" have and send the other items as you obtain/renew them to expedite the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.37 per hour
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
* Are you able to work in Fayetteville, NC?
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Wheelchair Patient Transport: 2 years (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* CPR/First Aid (Preferred)
* On the road
Your application has been successfully submitted.