Guest Services Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WOW! Children’s Museum is an equal-opportunity, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization located in Lafayette, CO. WOW! engages families in educational, hands-on learning experiences that connect curiosity, creativity, and discovery.
Team WOW! consists of professionally playful staff who enjoy a positive, energetic, and customer-service oriented work environment. Help enrich the lives of children throughout Boulder County and the Metro Denver area by joining our team!
Our Guest Services Associates are the faces of our Museum! The purpose of this position is to ensure that all children and families visiting WOW! have a great experience by providing exceptional customer service while maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Employee Classification: Non-exempt, part-time, hourly
Work Schedule: Approximately 23 hours/week. Weekends required. Museum open Tuesday-Sunday, 9:45-4:15. Shifts may vary to start. .
Reports to: Director of Operations
At the Front Desk:
* Provide exceptional hospitality to children and their caregivers by greeting each visitor, offering information, answering questions and phone calls, and providing general assistance
* Check in visitors, sell memberships, gift certificates, retail items, or other Museum products via Altru software system
* Communicate Museum policies to visitors, including COVID-19 protocols. Provide basic first aid as needed, and assist in lost child/caregiver response
* Occasionally host Private Playtimes by prepping Museum space for guests and setting up party tables.
Around the Museum:
* Use CDC-approved cleaning products to disinfect and sanitize exhibits components and public areas. Walk through Museum making sure all thru ways are clear of debris or obstacles
* Interact with guests at exhibits and overseeing upkeep of the Art Room and art supplies
* Upkeep of bathrooms, snack area, reusable exhibit products, spills, and general cleanliness
* Cleaning and sanitizing Museum toys using a dishwasher, washer/dryer, and by hand.
* Provide assistance with exhibits as needed
Behind the Scenes:
* Attend staff meetings as required, via Zoom or in person depending on restrictions.
* Keep up to date on Museum policies, standards, and specific language
• Follow all local, state and federal COVID-19 procedures – mask wearing, social distancing, and any additional requirements – as defined by supervisor.
* Participate in training sessions to review known material and learn new material
* Assist in additional tasks as assigned by supervisor or other Museum Directors.
• High School Diploma/GED highly preferred. College degree preferred.
• Bilingual strongly preferred
• Experience in customer service or a museum or education environment is a plus
• Enjoy working with children and promoting learning through play
• Exceptional customer service skills. Must be welcoming, attentive, and responsive to our visitors and colleagues.
• Responsible self-starter with problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively, but independently as necessary
• A great sense of humor!
• Comfortable cleaning up occasional kid-related messes and spills
• Great communication skills with both coworkers and visitors
• Basic to proficient computer skills needed with the ability to be trained on Altru Point of Sale and database software and Microsoft Outlook.
• Flexibility and adaptiveness. Willingness to grow and help WOW! grow.
• Availability to occasionally cover other shifts strongly preferred.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
It is important to us to hire the right person for the job, so we like to take proper steps and time to get to know the qualified candidates. Within a couple of weeks of the job posting, we will schedule and conduct brief phone interviews. In the week following phone interviews, if you are invited for an in-person interview, you will meet with the Director of Operations and one or two other WOW! staff members.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
* Employee assistance program
* Day shift
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.