Leave of Absence Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
*Job Description: *
This position serves as the owner and expert for Forward leave of absence programs and oversees the leave administration process. This includes leaves of absence under FMLA, Personal, Military, and ADAAA.
*Core Responsibilities & Duties: *
* Administers leaves of absence programs in partnership with the company’s leave administration and disability insurance carrier partners.
* Ensures leave cases are administered in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations including FMLA, ADAAA, and HIPPA.
* Oversees case management, provides process guidance, and serves as the liaison with employees, managers, human resources business partners, and our leave administration vendor partner.
* Conducts regular data audits to ensure internal employee systems and vendor partner systems reflect accurate employee status information.
* Partners with leave administration vendor to prepare and report on monthly, quarterly and annual employee absence management metrics.
* Ensures company leaves of absence process standard operating procedures are documented and maintained.
* Partners with ADA administration partner to review job accommodation requests and facilitate the interactive process with the employee and manager per ADAAA guidelines.
* Develops and delivers process communications and user training.
* Remains current with related industry developments and trends and applies best practices for continuous improvement.
* Ensures timely and accurate employee benefit premium billing for employees on continuous leaves of absence.
* Coordinates with workers compensation administration on leave of absence cases involving workers compensation insurance.
* Partners with insurance carrier to supports Short-Term and Long-Term Disability claim administration.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* 2-3 years experience with medical leave of absence administration.
* Demonstrates knowledge of related federal and state regulations, including but not limited to FMLA, ADAAA, and HIPPA.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with internal and external parties.
* Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software, advanced Excel skills preferred.
* Ability to take initiative and work independently.
* Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Experience standardizing and improving program processes.
* Experience reviewing job accommodation requests and facilitating the interactive process per ADAAA guidelines a plus.
* Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
* Must be a self-starter that does not require constant direction
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of operations/users
* Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
* General computer skills - Microsoft Office, Outlook, AS400
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills
* Be able to drive/display ownership/proactive behavior
* Efficiently handle multiple IT projects simultaneously
* Able to communicate effectively in English (Oral and Written) across range of cultural differences
* Familiarity with Oracle Cloud Financials software preferred
*Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
* Employee absence and disability management: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.