Maintenance Technician for Apartments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a 300+ unit apartment community located in the Murrayhill area of Beaverton with a solid administrative and maintenance team. We need someone who understands customer service and professionalism, has a positive attitude even in the face of hardship, and can work well with a diverse community. Experience in apartment maintenance is ideal and preferred, however we will consider similar or related industries, such as construction or contract work.
Living on site IS NOT required, however there is a 35% rent discount available with some restrictions, based on availability. We offer great pay based on experience, excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and more. Interested individuals must possess the following:
Must be able to lift, haul and pull up to 80lbs
Ability to climb stairs and ladders
Knowledge of plumbing basics, being able to plumb sinks, change garbage disposals, unclog drains, replace, toilets, and some leak detection
Basic electrical knowledge for doing minor repairs such as light switches, vent fans, heaters, appliances
Must have the necessary tools for the job
Duties and Expectations:
Complete work orders in a timely manner
Be able to get apartments ready quickly and consistently
Some minor drywall repairs as needed
Must be able to paint apartments
Must be able to work on pool and spas, and be able to balance chemicals that meet all state regulations for pool and spa maintenance. Certification not required.
Must be able to organize your day, prioritize tasks and be able to change direction if needed
Strong customer service skills are required You are a main point of contact with residents and must be professional and courteous
Weekend work is required (fixed schedule, usually each maintenance tech is on one weekend day working Tue-Sat or Sun - Thu, but there is some flexibility.)
Must be available to rotate on-call schedule for emergencies. Each maintenance tech is on-call for a portion of their schedule, TBD)
Must be able to adhere to all Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity guidelines (you will get training on this)
MUST BE SAFE! You must have knowledge of industry safety practices and follow best-practices at all times.
Thorough background check will be required. No drug test required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* On call
Maintenance staff continue to work under strictly enforced Covid guidelines, including masks, PPE, social distancing, etc. After an initial screening and interview, final applicants will be asked to come in for a final in-person, distanced interview.
* maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Drivers license (Required)
* One location
* Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
* High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.