Heavy Duty Diesel Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
• Works on automatic and standard transmissions, all types of diesel engines, single and dual drive steering suspensions and systems.
• Performs PMI's, hydraulic and air brake adjustments and repairs, diagnoses drive trains.
• Works in all areas of electrical diagnostics and repairs, including but not limited to, complex and standard lighting systems.
• Diagnose and repair power beyond systems.
• Diagnose and repair multi functioning hydraulic systems with electric and air functions.
• Operates the equipment in a safe manner & reports hazards associated with the
equipment or its operations to the Safety Director.
• Maintains/produces a level of output that will minimize production delays.
• Cleans & maintains an orderly work area.
• Assists other individuals when needed.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• CDL (Class B with air brakes). ASE certifications (T1-T7).
• Must have the ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.
• Welding and fabricating experience is a plus.
• Good communication skills relative to supervisor & other related departments.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, plus the physical ability to work in awkward positions such as kneeling, lying down, and overhead. Must have the ability to climb and work from a ladder.
• Ability to operate various shop tools.
• Must have own tools of the trade, a valid driver's license & transportation.
• Requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent plus vocational training or job-related course work.
• A clean, safe working environment.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance.
• Company Paid Training: at least 40 hours per year.
• Uniforms provided / Safety Shoe Program.
• 401(k) with company match.
• Hourly pay – not flat rate.
• Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay.
Trucks & Parts is proud to be a Drug Free workplace & an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers solid career opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* diesel technician: 3 years (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.