Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Santiam Hospital is looking for you, to join the Santiam Hospital health care team of innovative leaders located in the heart of Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley. We are currently seeking a full-time OB/Med Surg Registered Nurse to join our close knit Santiam Hospital Nursing Department. Excellent career opportunities and a supportive work environment will allow you to grow in your career and to fully enjoy your passion.
· *Responsibilities Include: *
· Med Surg RN – Night Shift
· Care for patients throughout labor, birthing, and postpartum care
· Work in environments where patients receive intense interventions, therapies, and complex assessments
· Must offer humane care for their patients
· Exceptional critical thinking
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be highly motivated
· Work well with a team and have the ability to function in a fast paced environment
· Current unencumbered RN license to practice in the State of Oregon
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Current BLS
· ACLS within 6 months of hire
· Frequent standing, moving about area, walk-level surface, use of arms/wrist, & manual dexterity (grasping/squeezing).
· Ability to safely pull, turn & lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unaided & more than 100 lbs. with assistance.
· Includes exposure to weather, heat, cold, chemicals, etc, unusual shifts, etc.
· Demonstrates proficiency in safe patient handling use of equipment.
· Bachelor's preferred
*Required experience: *
· Care for patients throughout the labor and delivery process; work well with a team
· Recent 2 years labor and delivery unit experience
· Med/surg experience -willing to train if no experience
*Benefits at a Glance: *
· 401(k) Retirement plan.
· Health, dental and vision insurance for staff and family.
· PTO, holidays and extended medical leave bank.
· Hospital Incentive Plan (HIP).
· Life insurance.
· Long term disability Insurance.
· Staff discounts.
Santiam Hospital is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Free parking
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* BLS Certification (Required)
* RN (Required)
* One location
* Not listed / Other
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
* Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
* Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
* High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company's Facebook page:
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Plastic shield at work stations
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Virtual meetings
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.