This job is no longer accepting applications.
*GENERAL SUMMARY: *The Maintenance Tech is responsible for the overall upkeep of residential apartments and public areas through responsive, accurate and efficient maintenance. This will be accomplished through the performance of simple tasks that require the application of general maintenance and repair techniques, materials, tools and equipment. The Maintenance Tech serves as a member of the Maintenance team that is responsible for the physical condition of the all buildings on campus.
*Essential Job Duties: *Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs routine and emergency repairs in residential apartments and public areas including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
* Assists in providing initial response for malfunction of residential HVAC equipment. Performs resets and simple repairs as necessary.
* Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
* Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
* Will assist other Maintenance personnel, when necessary, in the completion of various projects or repairs including campus snow removal.
* Assists in maintaining proper levels of materials and supplies for the campus to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
* Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and "on-call" overtime as necessary.
* Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor and the Director of General Services in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation within the community.
* Attendance is essential to this job. Must also maintain dependability and punctuality as outlined in Attendance policy.
*OUR HOSPITALITY PROMISES: *
South Port Square fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
1. We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
2. We treat everyone with courteous respect.
3. We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
4. We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
5. We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
6. We embrace and value our differences.
7. We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
8. We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
9. We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
10. We pay attention to details.
*WELLNESS FOCUS: *
South Port Square employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must possess a working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring and appliances.
* HVAC knowledge preferable
* Must be able to effectively communicate and work with residents and staff.
* Must function under general supervision.
* Must be flexible and have integrity.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: *
High School or GED. 1-2 years of maintenance experience in a residential apartment complex, commercial building construction, and/or healthcare setting required.
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move light furniture. Standing on one's feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking. Ability to push and pull, climb and descend ladder to 6/8 feet or higher.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to occasional unsanitary conditions, unpleasant odors, and hazardous (concentrated chemicals).
*Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements *Valid State Driver’s License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
* One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
* Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.