Civil Estimator / Project Manager - Excavation - 10 years experience req.
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for estimating and office management of site/excavation projects. Works in conjunction with Project Coordinator to ensure successful project completion.
* Interfaces with customers and other agencies as needed
* Completes earthwork and material take offs
* Prepares site work estimates and assists in bid package preparation for construction as needed. This does include dirt take off.
* Negotiates prices with subcontractors and vendors on an on-going basis
* Prepares contracts and makes sure all information is stored in appropriate locations on server and software.
* Reviews contract documents, subcontract agreements and other legal documents as needed.
* Prepares detailed scopes of work with suppliers and vendors identified for Project Coordinator
* Produces project schedule as needed
* Schedule and conducts construction meetings on a weekly/monthly basis
* Submits, acquires and monitors bonds as needed
* Conducts kick off meetings for project starts
* Ordering of excavation project material as needed
* Approves invoices as needed
* Evaluates job profitability, monitors job costs and progress to ensure job profitability.
* Prepares change orders as requested and keeps information updated in software.
* Prepares pay applications and invoices and makes sure they are submitted when due.
* Other duties as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Construction Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.