Group Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Hardcore Fitness, we strive to deliver our members the best possible fitness experience visit after visit! As part of our Training Team, you hold an essential role in providing these experiences class after class and play a huge role in showcasing the culture our members have come to know and love.
Under indirect supervision of the Fitness Director, you will provide group fitness instruction, monitor and educate members on fitness and safety, maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants and perform unsupervised personal, partner and group training sessions.
Efficiently manages Group Fitness Instructor I / Personal Trainer duties and provides memorable class and personal training experiences for members, including but not limited to:
• Maintains performance metrics set by Trainer Audits (TA) and Mock Feedback (MA).
• Leads a maximum of 40 hours of group training classes (Boot Camp and/or Fight Camp) per week, under the discretion of your supervisor and/or the Company.
• Leads and motivates group training classes with high levels of energy minute-after-minute while providing adequate warm-up and effective exercise circuit programming; offers individualized attention to members that need that extra push and/or posture correction.
• Instructs members on effective workout methods with the ability to quickly and effectively modify exercises to respond to specific member ailments; explains proper fitness techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen and condition specific muscles.
• Prepares, directs and updates appropriate staged workout circuits through our proprietary iLift system and incorporates energetic and profanity-free music playlists during classes.
• Builds an engaging clientele base by administering fitness assessments and safely conducting personal, partner and group training sessions.
• Organizational skills to actively manage multiple group training classes and clients throughout the week.
• Exhibits a positive, friendly, approachable and enthusiastic personality in order to inspire our members and staff.
• Serves as an example of healthy living and fitness motivation with your community.
• Effectively multi-tasks and stays alert while training up to 50 members in a single group training class.
• Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs.
• Performs related duties as required.
*_Adhere to all policies and standards set forth by Hardcore Fitness in accordance to Hardcore Fitness standards, in addition to local, state and federal regulation. _*
• Knowledge of physiology, body mechanics and exercise techniques
• The ability to train all fitness levels, from novice to elite
• Current ACSM, ACE, NASM, NCSA, AFFA, or NFPT certification
• CPR certification
• High school diploma or equivalent required, however, a degree in a related field is highly preferred (Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Sports Medicine, Physical Education, Nutrition, Fitness Specialist, etc.)
• A desire to constantly grow and develop skills in physical fitness and education
• The ability to perform all essential physical aspects of the position which may include standing, sitting, running, walking, jumping, squatting, bending, and reaching. As well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 100 pounds at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, you’ll be required to frequently walk, stand, site and talk or hear. You’ll be occasionally required to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as required during exercise demonstrations and class setup.
• You may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must aide or assist class members. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• You must possess a high degree of energy, by physically fit, and have the endurance to complete the workout and constantly assist members during classes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those you’ll encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this position, you’ll occasionally work with various types of fitness equipment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quite when classes are not in session or during a personal training session, however, the atmosphere is loud when instructing class and while performing group instruction duties.
• You must possess a high degree of energy, by physically fit, and have the endurance to complete the workout and constantly assist members during class
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
* personal training: 1 year (Preferred)
* group fitness: 1 year (Preferred)
* fitness: 1 year (Required)
* Spanish (Preferred)
* One location
* Retirement plan
* Flexible schedule
Your application has been successfully submitted.