PCU RN - Night Weekender **Premium Shift Differentials**
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the progressive care setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in the PCU department with adequate supervision.
6:00pm - 6:30am
* Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
* Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
* Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
* Ability to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s and the resident care unit’s policies and procedures.
* Ability to interpret results of waived tests; take appropriate action on waived tests results.
* Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
* Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
* Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
* Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
* Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
* Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services to level licensure.
* Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
* Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
* Performs bedside report on patients at shift change; this includes any handoff of patient care.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
* Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
* Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Service/Discharge Planner regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
* Documentation meets current standards and policies.
* Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
* Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
* Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
* Demonstrates knowledge of basic cardiac rhythm monitoring techniques, interpretation, and treatment. Can identify dysrhythmias and know how to react accordingly.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
* Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Nebraska.
* Previous experience as a hospital RN required.
* 1 year of experience on a Progressive Care Unit preferred.
* Current BLS certification.
* ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
* NIH Stroke Scale certified within 6 months of hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per week
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Acute care
* 12 hour shift
* Bonus pay
* Signing bonus
Relocation Assistance Provided:
* Waiting period may apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.