Early Childhood Educator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently looking for creative, passionate, and dedicated educators for our Wonder Program. Our Wonder Program serves students ages 6 weeks through 2 years old. Infant Teachers work with children aged 6 weeks to 12 months. Toddler Teachers work in either the Young Toddler (10 months to 16 months) Classroom or the Toddler (16 months to 24 months) Classroom. Our Early Preschool Teachers work with children 24 months to 3 years old.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Educator to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning
Primrose School of Middleton is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
Since the first Primrose school opened in 1982, the health and safety of children and staff has always been the priority. Each Primrose school is held to high standards of safety and cleanliness while maintaining a caring and nurturing environment where children can thrive.
* Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
* Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Middleton and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
* Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
* Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
* Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
* Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
* Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
* Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
* Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
* Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Middleton Employee Handbook
* Assists in other capacities that the Leadership Team, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
* Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
* Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
* Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
* Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
* Infant - Early Preschool Teachers: 2 year degree in early childhood or related field preferred
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $17.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Signing bonus
To keep our teachers and students safe, we have high level health and safety practices in place including face coverings, temperature checks, increased hand washing protocols, touch-less student drop-off and more.
* Child Care: 1 year (Preferred)
* Associate (Preferred)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.