CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
*_Major Duties and Responsibilities: _*
· Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
· Use only authorized abbreviations established by this facility when recording information.
· Report all changes in the resident's condition to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
· Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift that they occur.
*Admission, Transfer, and Discharge Functions*
· Ensure that the resident's room is ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.).
· Greet residents and escort them to their room.
· Introduce resident to his/her roommate, if any, and other residents and personnel as appropriate.
· Make resident comfortable (i.e., put to bed, get water, etc.).
· Inventory and mark the resident's personal possessions as instructed.
· Store resident's clothing.
· Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged.
· Transport residents to new rooms or to the receiving area.
· Assist with loading/unloading residents from vehicles as necessary.
· Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility as required, and as appointed by the Administrator.
· Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors.
· Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
· Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
· Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
· Meet with your shift's nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
· Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
· Notify the facility when you will be late or absent from work.
· Notify the shift supervisor before leaving your assigned wing unattended.
*Personal Nursing Care Functions*
· Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reporting for duty.
· Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
· Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e., brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc.).
· Assist residents with bath functions (i.e., bedbath, tub or shower bath, etc.) as directed.
· Give backrubs as instructed.
· Assist residents with dressing/undressing as necessary.
· Assist residents with hair care functions (i.e., combing, brushing, shampooing, etc.).
· Assist residents with nail care (i.e., clipping, trimming, and cleaning the finger/toenails). (Note: Does not include diabetic residents.)
· Shave male residents.
· Keep hair on female residents clean shaven (i.e., facial hair, under arms, on legs, etc.) as instructed.
· Keep residents dry (i.e., change gown, clothing, linen, etc., when it becomes wet or soiled).
· Change bed linens. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under the resident.
· Make beds (occupied and unoccupied).
· Put extra covers on beds as requested.
· Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position.
· Assist resident with bowel and bladder functions (i.e., take to bathroom, offer bedpan/urinal, portable commode, etc.).
· Maintain intake and output records as instructed.
· Keep incontinent residents clean and dry.
· Check and report bowel movements and character of stools as instructed.
· Collect specimens as instructed (i.e., urine, sputum, stools, etc.).
· Assist residents in preparing for medical tests (i.e., lab work, x-ray, therapy, dental, etc.).
· Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs (i.e., church services, parties, visitors, etc.).
· Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc., as necessary.
· Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
· Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed.
· Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
· Provide eye and ear care (i.e., warm/cold compresses, eye/ear instillation, cleaning eyeglasses/hearing aides, etc.) as instructed.
· Assist in preparing the resident for a physical examination.
· Weigh and measure residents as instructed.
· Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations (TPRs), as instructed.
· Answer resident calls promptly.
· Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently.
· Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes.
· Assist with the care of the dying resident.
· Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
*Special Nursing Care Functions*
· Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to prevent decubitus ulcers (bedsores).
· Provide daily indwelling catheter care.
· Provide daily perineal care.
· Give tepid sponge baths.
· Provide daily Range of Motion Exercises. Record data as instructed.
· Turn bedfast residents at least every two (2) hours.
· Observe disoriented and comatose residents. Record and report data as instructed.
· Turn all medications found in the resident's room/possession over to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
· Provide residents with Reality Orientation as instructed.
· Watch for and report any change in room temperature, ventilation, lighting, etc.
*Food Service Functions*
· Prepare residents for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash hands, comb hair, raise bed, position tables, place bibs, take to/from dining room, etc.).
· Serve food trays. Assist with feeding as indicated (i.e., cutting foods, feeding, assist in dining room supervision, etc.).
· Assist residents with identifying food arrangements (i.e., informing resident with sight problem of foods that are on his/her tray, where it is located, if it is hot/cold, etc.).
· Record the resident's food/fluid intake. Report changes in the resident's eating habits.
· Keep residents' water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water (on each shift), and within easy reach of the resident.
· Serve between meal and bedtime snacks.
· Perform after meal care (i.e., remove trays, clean resident's hands, face, clothing, take to bathroom, brush teeth, clean dentures, etc.).
· Check rooms for food articles (i.e., food in proper container, unauthorized food items, etc.).
· Attend and participate in scheduled training and educational classes to maintain current certification as a Nursing Assistant.
· Attend and participate in scheduled orientation programs and activities.
· Attend and participate in annual mandated OSHA and CDC in-service training programs for hazard communication, TB management, and bloodborne pathogens standard.
· Attend and participate in advance directive in-service training programs as scheduled.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 12 hour shift
* Differential pay
* One location
Hours per week:
* Nurses wear own scrubs
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible
Your application has been successfully submitted.