This job is no longer accepting applications.
Electrical Engineering Manager
11/2/2020 (Rev. 2)
*Title: Controls Engineer *
IAC is a 32-year-old EPC Contractor, Capital Equipment supplier, and OEM, and Parts and Service supplier located in Mission, KS.
As an EPC / Turnkey Industrial Contractor, IAC, in conjunction with our wholly own construction company, Adelphi Construction perform $10 million up to $150 million projects within North America, Latin America, and Mexico.
Complete electrical design of electrical systems, electrical installation design, and control system design. The Electrical Engineer will work across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in engineering and implementation.
*Basic Responsibilities of All Positions*
* Act with integrity and honesty.
* Add value to the company.
* Work with others as a team.
* Communicate effectively.
* Offer solutions to problems.
* Think creatively, but always use common sense.
* Simplify drawings, tasks, procedures, routines, etc. whenever possible.
* Be aware of how others are affected by your actions.
* Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes.
* Develop and/or review electrical schematics.
* Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
* Control System panel and cabinet design to NFPA, UL, FM codes and standards.
* Controls & instrumentation; sensor selection and setup.
* PLC Ladder Logic, State Logic Design
* Human Machine Interface (HMI) design and troubleshooting
* Review specifications, drawings and vendor equipment documentation.
* Participate in project meetings as required.
* Organize, integrate, review, and approve buyout parts and devices.
* Organize, develop, and maintain drawings and bills of materials.
* Coordinate with project management to ensure compliance with the project schedule.
* Interact with other IAC departments, customers, and suppliers as required for technical support of the business.
* Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
* 3 to 5 years of experience working for a design company.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Or Engineering Technology
* Strong electrical and control aptitude.
* AutoCAD Electrical experience required.
* Programmable Automation Controller (PAC) Programming knowledge.
* Demonstrated experience with control systems design projects including coordination with other engineering disciplines.
* Understanding of engineering specifications with MCC’s, VFD’s, and UPS systems.
* Experience with MS Office Suite products.
* Experience with Rockwell Automation, Automation Direct, and Siemens is a plus.
Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple project tasks. Excellent presentation and written communication skills, time management, and organizational skills are required.
Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines, be self-directed, exhibit good business judgment, and the ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
* Excellent verbal, written, technical, conceptual, and organizational skills.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other agreed-upon responsibilities to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* AutoCAD Electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
* C: 1 year (Preferred)
* MATLAB: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
* High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
* Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
* Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
* Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
* Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
* People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
* Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
* Only full-time employees eligible
Your application has been successfully submitted.