Mechanic / Technician - Diesel
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We believe our most important asset is our staff. We strive for good communication, integrity, excellent job performance, and providing a safe and positive atmosphere to work in.
\*Service Recycling is currently looking for an individual with diesel experience to fill a full-time Mechanic position. This role will include working on diesel trucks, forklifts, and other plant equipment as needed.\*
Monday - Friday position 7am-4pm
Compensation is hourly, and dependent on experience and personal tools.
Pay is weekly.
Responsibilities of a Mechanic:
~Safely and efficiently repair and maintain equipment
~Perform inspections on the equipment
~Follow company policy regarding maintenance, general, and safety
~Clean work area at end of shift
~Always use applicable personal protective equipment
~Adapt quickly to changes
~Complete other tasks as may be assigned
~Focus on safety, attendance, quality work, and positive attitude
Requirements of a Mechanic:
~Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
~Must have familiarity and previous experience in forklift maintenance, auto mechanics, and diesel mechanics
~Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening, and subsequent random screenings
~Must be able to acclimate to seasonal temperatures in a warehouse setting
~Must have own tools
~Must have reliable transportation
Not provided on site: steel-toed boots
Select paid holidays off; paid vacation after 1 year. No other benefits at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Mechanic experience: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* One location
* Diesel engines
* Mechanic experience
* Cars and light trucks
* Heavy equipment
* Heavy trucks
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
* Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
* Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
* A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
* A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Your application has been successfully submitted.