Executive Sous Chef
This job is no longer accepting applications.
· College or Culinary Degree is preferred, or 2+ years as a chef in a full service (table service with full bar) restaurant
· Excellent reference list and portfolio to demonstrate culinary capabilities and creativity
· Leadership and organizational skills
· Must be confident, dependable, motivated.
· Salary: $35,000-$45,000 per year plus full medical benefits.
Please send resume along with references in confidence to link below.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The ideal candidate for this role will assist the team to _create something unique_ in the Pittsburgh dining community, to include emphasis on _made-to-order & local-grown selections_, which also feature organic, vegetarian and gluten-free options.
· Assist the leadership team with the development of an operational model to forecast demand, staffing requirements, fixed and variable operational costs, and price points that are sustainable within the Lawrenceville neighborhood.
· Assist the leadership team with the creation of seasonal events to showcase specialties of the ESC in coordination with entrainment events hosted in the Lawrenceville Abbey.
Customers and Staff:
· The ESC will assist in the training, scheduling, managing, and appraising kitchen staff.
· The ESC will assist with ordering and inventory control of consumable items needed to support the menu selections, and for forecasting additional costs of items needed to maintain kitchen operations
· The ESC or designate will conduct and document daily line checks for food quality, freshness, and standards at the beginning of each shift, as well as for proper cleanliness of all cooking areas and service items.
· The ESC or designate will assist the Executive Chef with briefings for staff on featured selections and featured wines.
· The EC will assist in the responsibility for monitoring and maintaining the restaurant and kitchen areas in accordance with local health and safety guidelines, and is responsible for all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with local government regulation agencies
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Bonus pay
* cooking: 3 years (Required)
* sous chef: 1 year (Required)
* Do you currently reside in the Pittsburgh area?
* One location
* Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
* Follow recipes and presentation specifications
* Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
* Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
* Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
* Restock items as needed throughout the shift
* Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
* Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Company's Facebook page:
* Only full-time employees eligible
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.