LPN or RN - Full or Part Time PM/NOC SHIFT
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This comprehensive benefit package, includes participation in the Wisconsin Retirement program for government employees and optional health, dental and vision insurance. Polk County promotes the health and well-being of their employees with opportunities to support your level of involvement in a Worksite Wellness Program.
Position #1- .4 - Full Time position- 4-10 shifts in a 2 week pay period including working every other weekend. There may be opportunity to pick up additional hours as desired.
Position #2- Every other weekend only. There may be opportunity to pick up additional hours as desired.
Position #3- .4 NOC shift, Overnight. 4 shifts every 2 weeks including every other weekend.
*Summary: *Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the LPN shall perform professional nursing tasks on her/his own initiative, confer with an RN in-house or on call for assist as needed for decisions requiring professional judgement, or reporting changes in resident’s conditions, and perform related work as required.
*Essential Duties: *_These duties represent the typical duties and responsibilities assigned to this position but may not be inclusive of all tasks performed._
· Supervising non-professional nursing personnel, and when appropriate, evaluating non-professional personnel.
· Is designated with the authority to direct all non-professional personnel in his or her charge to act in the interest and welfare of the resident on the unit (to include schedule changes, and job assignments.)
· Performing regular ordered nursing procedures and tasks including but not limited to: giving medications, irrigating catheters, catheterizing residents as necessary, taking vital signs, sterilizing equipment, etc.
· Helping nursing assistant with care of resident and caring for resident’s with special needs.
· Assuming charge of a unit during a shift, consulting with an RN as necessary.
· Making daily rounds of all nursing units under assigned supervision and performing such functions as visiting residents, reviewing of clinical records, medication cards, resident cards, resident care plans and staff assignments, and to the extent possible, accompany physicians when they make rounds.
· Ability to recognize significant changes in the condition of residents and takes the necessary action.
· Follows instructions willingly, able to meet deadlines, organizational loyalty, honesty, punctual, and dependable.
· Adhere to all facility and department safety policies and procedures.
· Expected to respond to emergency situations involving the safety of residents, other employees and the facility. This includes the ability to assist with a possible evacuation of residents.
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
· Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation as a treatment/medication nurse or charge nurse on the wing/unit they are assigned.
· Gives timely, appropriate response to resident/nursing staff problems.
· Channels problems through correct chain of command.
· Communicates pertinent information regarding residents care to nurses/nursing assistants.
*Qualifications: *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
o Possess a current Licensed Practical Nursing license in the state of Wisconsin.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.60 - $27.38 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* One location
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.