Respiratory Therapist - FT Nights
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Services Medical Director and Department Manager, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures.
\*$10,000 Sign-on Bonus\*
* Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery to all age groups, including the necessary equipment. Remains alert to and assesses possible side effects to oxygen delivery.
* Administers respiratory therapy treatments to all age populations, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
* Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
* Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation. Makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
* Performs arterial and capillary punctures to obtain blood samples for blood gas analysis, and understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
* Follows departmental equipment sterilization procedures.
* Documents all pertinent data on the patient’s medical record following completion of any service.
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow charts, logbooks and their proper usage.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients, as well as the general patient population.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of oxygen concentrations and medication doses as they relate to patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.
* Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure that it is functioning safely and efficiently.
* Maintains thorough knowledge of hazards of oxygen therapy.
* Performs airway management to include tracheostomy care/inner cannula changes and preforms protective tip tracheal aspirates.
* Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and airway management.
* Initiates hemodynamic monitoring to include insertion of arterial line catheters and associated ongoing maintenance of lines and sites.
* Performs endotracheal intubation, and endotracheal/trach tube changes on all age groups cared for at Kearney Regional Medical Center.
* Attends education in-service programs to maintain professional competency. Obtains appropriate hospital-specific education and training.
* Performs all additional duties as assigned by the department manager.
* Current State Respiratory Therapist Licensure.
* Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
* Current ACLS, BLS, PALS, and NRP certification.
* Current RRT certification within (3) months of hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
* Monday to Friday
* ACLS Certification (Preferred)
* PALS Certification (Preferred)
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
* NRP Certification (Preferred)
* RRT (Preferred)
* One location
* Waiting period may apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.