Manual Lathe Machinist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role is primarily responsible for the setup and operation of conventional manual lathes in a safe and orderly manner. You’ll be responsible for ensuring compliance with all safety, quality, and business standards, maximizing production output using efficient and effective methods.
*We are willing to train if you have the aptitude and desire *
*DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Sets up machine and observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and caliper.
* Sets up and controls operation of manual lathes, tooling and performs a series of machining operations, such as drilling, chamfering, and deburring.
* Inspects first part and work pieces throughout the production run for out-of-tolerance machining.
* Clean machine and work area.
* Provide aid and guidance to machine operators with less experience or skill.
*SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS*
* With limited supervision, functions as a member of a customer-driven team whose goal is to ensure that product quality has been achieved
* Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet commitments
* Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives
* Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible
* Thorough knowledge and skills of manual lathes to be operated with the ability to calculate and set the machine
* Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
* Ability to keep record of time spent and material used
* Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine and measuring tools, including micrometers and calipers
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
* 1-2 years' minimum experience desired
* Ability to create parts from blueprints desired
* Advanced manufacturing/machining training and/or advanced certification preferred.
*Modern Manufacturing Services, LLC*: is in Farmington, NY
*Please visit our website* at www.modernmfg.net for company information
*Send resume with salary expectations*
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
* CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.