CMA- Certified Medication Aide
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We have been a 5-Star facility for more than 7 years in a row. We have the longest tenured staff of any facility in Texas. we are ranked #7 in the state and in the Top 10% in the nation.
\*Average wages are based on experience, shift differential pay, tenure, and status.\*
Basic Function: Responsible for administrating medications and treatments in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards.
1 prepares and administers oral medication, nasal, eye , ear and topical medications, according to the policies and procedures of Ennis Care Center
2. Documents administration on the Medication Administration Record immediately after administering the medication.
3. Notifies licensed nurse of any medications not administered and documents per policy.
4. Nofities licensed nurse for assessment prior to administration of PRN medications.
5. Completes intake and output form for any liquids
6. Adheres to aseptic technique, washes hands after any patient/resident contact
7. Maintains medication cart in a clean and orderly fashion., Checks for outdated medications
8. Stocks medication cart with juice, cups, straws, and other necessary supplies
9. Maintains nursing drug reference on the medication cart.
10. Takes apical pulse with cardiac medications, blood pressure with antihypertensives and follows other special medication protocols.
11. Adheres to administration times and guidelines of one hour before and one hour agter prescribed time.
12.Is knowledgeable of all medications administered including side effects.
13. Adheres to the 8 tights of medication administration
a. Right patient/resident f. Right documentation
b. Right dose g. Rght reason
c. Right route h. Right response
d. Right time
e. Right medication
14. Administer treatment within scope of practice and as delegated by the Charge Nurse
15. Identifies patient/resident prior to administering medication or treatment
16. Maintains security of the medication cart( i.e. locked when not in sight)
17. Positions cart at door within sight per policy. Does not take cart into the patient's/resident's room.
18. Performs patient/resident care duties as delegated by the Charge Nurse
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Signing bonus
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Medication Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
* CNA (Preferred)
* Certified Medication Aide (Required)
Your application has been successfully submitted.