Home Health Aide (HHA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
*GENERAL SUMMARY: * Our Home Health Aides work under the supervisor of the care coordinator and performs various personal care and support services as necessary to meet the resident’s needs. The Aide is responsible for observing clients, reporting and recording these observations and documenting the services provided and the assignments will promote quality, continuity and safety of services. Our Home Health Aides will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the Florida’s Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the Home Health Aides will not administer medications, take physician's orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a nurse, specifically sterile techniques. The Aide provides non-skilled, non-medical functions only.
* Providing personal care including: baths, back rubs, oral hygiene shampoos.
* Dressing and undressing clients
* Skin care and prevention of skin breakdown
* Toileting activities
* Keeping the client’s living area clean and orderly
* Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
* Assisting in feeding the client, if necessary.
* Taking and recording oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training limitations of the paraprofessional).
* Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the service delivery plan.
* Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as ordered (within the training limitations of the paraprofessional).
* Assisting the client in the self-administration of medication.
* Doing the client’s laundry, as appropriate.
* Meeting the safety needs of clients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, restraints, etc.)
* Reporting the client’s condition and significant changes to the assigned care coordinator or supervisor.
* Adhering to documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
*OUR HOSPITALITY PROMISES: *
South Port Square fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
1. We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
2. We treat everyone with courteous respect.
3. We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
4. We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
5. We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
6. We embrace and value our differences.
7. We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
8. We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
9. We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
10. We pay attention to details.
*WELLNESS FOCUS: *
South Port Square employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical,
Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
* Is a certified nurse aide, certified home health aide, basic personal services aide or has demonstrated competency as defined in agency policies.
* Is at least 18 years of age.
* Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Presents a pre- employment physician's health clearance, including negative TB skin tests or CXR and other tests as required by specific state statute.
* Has ability to read, follow written instructions, and document services provided.
* Is self-directed with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
* Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and impaired.
* Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
* Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
* Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
* Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order. OR Must maintain a safe and efficient method of transportation aimed at arriving to work as scheduled
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: *
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; may be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, gerichair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, and walk for up to 90% of the work day. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs unassisted. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $11.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Home Health
* Our Home Health Aides will start as per diem, with possible potential to grow into part time or full time hours. Does this schedule meet your needs?
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Home Care: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.