Tool Rental Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports To: Store Manager
Handy Rents is a family owned and operated full-line tool and equipment rental business specializing in solutions for the light contractor, homeowner, and do-it-yourselfer. Started in 1963, Handy Rents has grown to 9 locations and serves the greater Cleveland metropolitan area. We are looking for hard-working, safety-minded people that want to make a positive change where they work with room to grow. Join our team!
* Learn to use and service high quality rental equipment
* Create solutions for select customer projects
* Opportunity to learn and try something new every day in a fast-paced work environment
* Ability to learn multiple positions including leading a team and managing a store
* Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision
* 6% dollar for dollar match in our company sponsored 401k program
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Paid parental leave
* Rental and retail discounts
* Uniforms provided
* Bonus potential opportunity – share in success
* Upward mobility
The Tool Rental Associate is responsible for performing a variety of functions under the direction of the Store Manager including equipment maintenance and inspection in addition to customer service.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Finding solutions for our customers to assist in their projects and jobs
* Clean, service, check fluid levels and perform minor repairs on equipment
* Perform rental worthy inspections of trucks, trailers, and all general rental items
* Ensuring dispatched equipment is fit for intended use and “Ready to Rent”
* Ensuring that our customers return the equipment in the same condition it was received
* Assist in safely loading and unloading equipment
* Ensuring all rental equipment is sent out and accounted for when returned
* Write up rental quotes, reservations, and contracts to customers
* Assist customers on the phone to find solutions for their rental needs
* Maintain excellent attendance
* Perform other duties as requested
* Must be able to work required day and possible weekend shifts
* Must be able to provide, understand and complete written and verbal instructions
* Must maintain a professional appearance
* Must be able to lift 60 lbs. with a reasonable accommodation
* Must be able to be on your feet for most of the day
* Must be able to speak English
* Must possess a valid driver’s license (drivers only)
* High school diploma or GED is preferred but not required
* The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat and cold winter conditions or exposure to chemicals.
* Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
* Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
* Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
* Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout to be heard above the ambient noise level.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company's Facebook page:
Your application has been successfully submitted.