This job is no longer accepting applications.
* Must read, speak and understand English
* At least two (2) years of cooking experience required (i.e. Restaurant, LTC or Assisted Living, Hospital, Hotel)
* Serv Safe Certification required
* Must be able to work flexible shifts any day, weekends and holidays
* Must have basic knife skills and use cut-resistant-glove or stainless-steel mesh glove when using the meat slicer.
* Experience working in a kosher kitchen is a plus
* Ability to understand weights/measures and Basic Math (fractions, addition, subtractions, division, percentages)
* Preparing foods according to recipes in the highest standards of quality, presentation and taste.
* Cooking food according to Resident’s dietary needs and daily menu requirements
* Clean up as needed during prep and cooking process. Full understanding of Food Safety and handwashing.
* Must be able to read, follow and scales recipes up or down according to dining population.
* Must be a team player, eager to learn, and have the ability to build team across all positions and departments
* Fully adopt Dietary’s Culture and follow production sheets, Daily Chef’s Log, and HACCP principles.
Supervisory Responsibility: Ability to supervise the Kitchen in the absence of Dietary Supervisors or Dining Director.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the cook position. Duties, responsibilities and activities will be assigned by task list, Chef’s log, production sheet, and may change at any time with or without notice or at the supervisor’s request.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; ability to sit for 80% of the day; ability to stand for long periods of time as needed.
Mental Requirements: Ability to read and follow recipes for meals. Requires mental acuity and ability to interact with fellow staff members, management and residents.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Signing bonus
We follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Currently we are screening everyone upon entry to the facility and testing team members weekly for covid-19.
* Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws and regulations?
* Are you available to work every other weekend?
* Please state your preferred location. Dunwoody or Buckhead?
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Cooking: 2 years (Required)
* Restaurant Experience: 2 years (Required)
* One location
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.