Hay and/or Commodity Driver
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Jerome, ID 83338 *Date Issued *06/01/2020
*Date Revised *06/10/2020
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position with medical, dental and optical benefits This position must be able to work alone, follow instructions and can safely and in an efficient manner deliver our products to Scoular customers. Deliveries must be in a Safe and professional manner that operates with in the values, safety policy, and quality of work associated with A. Scott Jackson Trucking Inc.
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities: *
* Responsible for following all DOT rules required by the law and the company, Including Electronic Log Book
* Responsible for creating an efficient route and safely making the deliveries given to you by dispatch.
* Responsible for making sure the proper delivery is made to the correct customer and placed in the proper area on the customer’s property.
* Maintain good communication with your dispatcher and always check in before end of day.
* Maintain a clean truck inside and outside when weather permits.
* Be available to work at least 8 hours per day and work every other Saturday and some Holiday’s.
* At times you may be asked to perform other functions as directed by your supervisor.
*Job Requirements: *
This person will be required to have a valid CDL Driver’s License and DOT Medical card and must follow all State and Federal driving laws at ALL Times. Someone in this position needs to be self-motivated with the ability to operate independently and have excellent organizational skills. Dressing in clean and proper attire on a daily basis, being responsive and timely are all qualities looked for in a Commodity Driver at A Scott Jackson Trucking.
*Education &/or Experience: *
It is not required but preferred that someone in this position have a High School Diploma or GED certificate. A minimum of 2 years of experience in truck driving is preferred.
*Mathematical Skills: *
Must have basic math skills and comprehension.
*Licenses & Certificates: *
Must have a valid driver’s license and medical card on file with the office.
*Physical Demands: Constant = 8 to 10 hours; Frequent =3-6 hours; Occasional=up to 3 hours*
*Constant: S*itting; standing. *Frequent: *Waking; Standing; twisting at the neck and waist; pushing pulling reaching; able to climb ladder on trailer; lifting up to lifting 40 lbs; able to roll tarp open and closed on trailer; ability to get in and out of cab of truck; *Occasional*; some exposure to noise, dust, propelled material, chemicals.
*Training Requirements: *
Someone in this position will be trained on the following:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Home daily
* Year round work
* Loading / unloading pay
* Signing bonus
* Yearly bonus
Trucking Driver Type:
* Company driver
* Commercial Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
* Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
* CDL A (Required)
* One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
* Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
* A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
* Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Plastic shield at work stations
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.