Part Time Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Works and interacts with the Property Manager to identify, diagnose, repair, and resolve the issues related electrical, plumbing, A/C and heating systems, appliances, stairs, railings, gas fixtures, carpet, tiles, flooring, etc.
* Completes unit turns in timely manner under the direction of the Property Manager.
* Communicates daily with Property Manager.
* Gathers complete information about the community and designs action plans to correct the unsafe conditions like open holes, broken glasses or gates, broken lights, etc. Works to ensure safety by checking that security systems like automatic doors, surveillance cameras are functioning well
* Suggests and schedules preventive maintenance programs on all the equipment and ensure that they are in good condition.
* Assists and prepares for site inspections.
* May be required to use own vehicle to collect supplies.
* Performs all the relevant safety and cleaning procedures in moving and transferring the unwanted appliances, furniture, garbage to dumpster.
* Maintains proper key organization.
* Reports to the Property Manager about various needs that may be required, to perform major repairs, and to provide him details regarding the stock of available supplies and spare parts.
* Works directly with vendors to ensure necessary work is completed.
* Removes snow and garbage to maintain clean grounds that are free of litter by sweeping, shoveling, raking, cleaning lobbies, parking areas, painting, and performing housekeeping activities.
* Provides lawn care where needed; may be required to mow, weed, fertilize and seed lawn.
* Other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer
needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures;
Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources. Works within the established budget and notify the Director of possible variations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
* maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
* Paid time off
* Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
* Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
* High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
* Monday to Friday
* Weekends required
* On call
Your application has been successfully submitted.