This job is no longer accepting applications.
*Position Summary: *Requires an understanding of the functions of a commercial kitchen and the impact on resident care and satisfaction. Must have the ability to organize and execute appealing meals of consistent quality in a timely manner. Must be able to read and follow recipes. Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Must handle standardized situations and incorporate moderate variables.
*Education/Training: *A high school diploma/GED.
*Primary Duties and Responsibilities: *
1. Reviews the day’s menus and assembles food, supplies and equipment for daily food preparation according to productions sheets.
2. Assure that all necessary items are on site for the following day’s menu and all frozen items pulled and thawed according to assisted living regulations.
3. Prepares meals for regular and therapeutic diet according to planned menus.
4. Assists in serving meals. Serves food according to portion control.
5. Maintains assigned department areas in a clean, neat and sanitary manner as well as a clean-as-you-go principle.
6. Keeps dry storage and all refrigerator/freezers n an organized manner.
7. Assists in checking in and storing incoming food and supplies.
8. Checks special diet trays to ensure that they are accurate.
9. Reports equipment needs and supplies to Supervisor.
10. Assists with planning and preparation of special meals, parties and banquets.
*Clinical/Technical Duties and Responsibilities: *
1. Follows established policies and procedures for department.
2. Assists in maintaining a safe and sanitary dietary department.
*Resident Service and Satisfaction: *
1. Fully understand all aspects of residents’ rights; maintain the comfort, privacy and dignity of each resident in the delivery of services to them. Interact in a manner that promotes the emotional well-being of the resident.
2. Respond to patients and family member’s concerns with empathy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
3. Assists in follow up of any resident special requests or complaints.
4. Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance in conformity with dress code standards.
*Professional Development: *
1. Attend in-service training.
2. Maintains a good attendance record.
*Physical Work Environment: * Must be able to lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and to exert 20 pounds of force frequently. Physical activity involves sitting, walking, standing, carrying, bending, lifting, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
* Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
* Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
* Follow recipes and presentation specifications
* Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
* Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
* Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
* Restock items as needed throughout the shift
* Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
* Waiting period may apply
Your application has been successfully submitted.