Cook $500 Sign On Bonus after 90 days of employment
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Plans and prepares entrees, appetizers, salads, desserts, specialties, or complete menus for the restaurant and other food & beverage outlet. Prepare food for a variety of patrons or events in addition to restaurant meals, such as buffets, parties, snacks, and beverages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Prepares a variety of foods according to customers’ preferences or on instructions of superior, following approved procedures.
* Cleans and portions, and cuts or peels various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
* Prepare food according to the menu, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and the number of persons to be served.
* Portions and arranges food on serving dishes, trays, and carts.
* Requisitions food supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances, and other supplies.
* Inspects and cleans kitchen appliances, and work areas for cleanliness and functional operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Oral and written proficiency of the English Language
* Able to work without supervision
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
* 2 or more years experience in related field or successful completion of a course of study (or graduation) from a recognized cooking school or a combination of both experience and education.
* An open friendly personality
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
Valid Food Handlers certificate
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand for very long period, walk, use hands, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds occasionally. Repetitive elbow/wrist motions for chopping and stirring.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties and requirements, efforts or working conditions association with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current tasks performed, management reserves the right to revise or require other commitments when circumstances prevail.
The hotel will function seven days a week, 24 hours a day. We may find it necessary to re-schedule shifts according to our business volume. You must be willing and available to fulfill these demands.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Your application has been successfully submitted.