Winery Sales Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Established Temecula winery has a part time position for an experienced sales associate.
The Tasting Room Sales Associate will be responsible for serving and communicating the features and benefits of each wine to encourage customers to purchase wine and enroll in a wine club. In addition to the primary sales responsibility, the Sales Associate will also perform other duties as described.
* Pour and describe the individual wines and their key attributes to our customers.
* Actively sell our wines, wine clubs and other merchandise in a positive and helpful manner (no used car or high pressure sales tactics).
* Communicate all wine club details in a concise and thorough manner.
* Accurate completion of the sale by entering all cash and credit card transactions in the VinCharge POS system. This includes providing correct change in all cash transactions and secure handling of credit cards and completion of receipts (do not leave them lying around unattended).
* Retrieving and packaging the customer’s purchases.
* Assist other Sales Associates as needed or directed by management.
* Provide world class exceptional service to all our guests.
* Create relationships with new customers.
* Nurture and solidify relationships with returning customers and wine club members.
* Educate our guests about the uniqueness of our brand, including our family and winery history.
* Anticipate customer needs while providing a fun and positive experience.
* Answer all customer questions in a positive non-demeaning manner. If unable to, seek the correct answer from the appropriate staff member or manager.
* Create and foster a positive team environment.
* General wine knowledge, including major varietals, regions of origin, and the winemaking process.
* Desire and willingness to become knowledgeable about enology, viticulture, selling skills and, customers service practices.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Enjoy working in a team environment
* Minimum 1 year experience in sales
* Minimum 1 year experience in customer service
* Ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be 21 years old
* Available weekends and holidays
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Commission pay
* sales: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
* Store Manager
* Assistant Manager
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
* People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
* Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Your application has been successfully submitted.