Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EEDI) Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Salary (Grade: NC7)
Hiring salary range
$71,225 - $89,972
The University of Ottawa—A crossroads of cultures and ideas
The University of Ottawa is home to over 50,000 students, faculty and staff, who live, work and study in both French and English. Our campus is a crossroads of cultures and ideas, where bold minds come together to inspire game-changing ideas. We are one of Canada’s top 10 research universities—our professors and researchers explore new approaches to today’s challenges. One of a handful of Canadian universities ranked among the top 200 in the world, we attract exceptional thinkers and welcome diverse perspectives from across the globe. Our employees come together around the shared purpose of constant improvement, personal development, service excellence, teamwork and a passion for learning with a desire to make uOttawa and the world a better place. Everyone's contributions are valued, we all play a part in making uOttawa a world-class institution. Most importantly, we make it possible for you to achieve your full potential. Because at uOttawa, you belong!
About the faculty/service: Human Resources
Our Human Resources team is recognized for its collaboration and service excellence. Through the development of strategic partnerships, our dynamic team supports uOttawa’s vision and strategic plan by creating and delivering high-quality, innovative, and client-centered HR programs and services. Our focus is to attract, develop, retain, and inspire a talented, diverse, healthy, and engaged workforce. If you want to be part of an impactful team, work in a rewarding and enriching environment and have an innovative mindset, our HR team is the place where you belong!
Under the direction of the Senior Advisor, EDI, provide support in the planning, development, anddelivery of Employment Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives for all services reporting to theVice-President, Finance and Administration at UOttawa. Act as primary point of contact to internalclients, fostering an inclusive, safe and engaged campus community. Represent the voice andinterests of VPFA when collaborating with EDI advisory committees and working groups acrosscampus.
What You Will Bring
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology,Employment Law, Learning & Development, or a related field or an equivalent combination ofeducation and work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in one or more of the following:Employee engagement, change management, leadership development, student services,human rights, human resources, facilitation or training design.
- Well-versed in the lived experiences of equity-deserving communities.
- Experience developing anti-racism programs, or cultural and language initiatives.
- Experience working with sensitive or confidential information.
- Sound knowledge of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, cultural competency, and anti-racism.
- Ability to listen with empathy, resolve conflicts and gain consensus amongst a wide range of stakeholders and client groups, sometimes with competing priorities and/or interests.
- Familiar with multicultural and pluralistic communities.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data from various sources.
- Strong project management experience.
- Excellent Leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience using/leveraging/integrating various e-learning tools, multi-media & learning content, dashboards and various other computer systems.
- Bilingualism - French and English (spoken and written).
Bilingualism: French and English (spoken and written); to be considered for this position, candidates must be rated at the Low Advanced proficiency level or higher for both oral comprehension and reading comprehension in their second official language. The rating is determined by a proficiency test designed by the Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute.
Key Competencies At UOttawa
Here are the required competencies for all or our employees at uOttawa:
Planning: Organize in time a series of actions or events in order to realise an objective or a project. Plan and organize own work and priorities in regular daily activities.
Initiative: Demonstrate creativity and initiative to suggest improvements and encourage positive results. Is proactive and self-starting. Show availability and willingness to go above and beyond whenever it is possible.
Client Service Orientation: Help or serve others to meet their needs. This implies anticipating and identifying the needs of internal and external clients and finding solutions on how to meet them.
Teamwork and Cooperation: Cooperate and work well with other members of the team to reach common goal(s). Accept and give constructive feedback. Able to adjust own behaviour to reach the goals of the team.
The University of Ottawa embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are passionate about our people and committed to employment equity. We foster a culture of respect, teamwork and inclusion, where collaboration, innovation, and creativity fuel our quest for research and teaching excellence. While all qualified persons are invited to apply, we welcome applications from qualified Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA2S+ persons. The University is committed to creating and maintaining an accessible, barrier-free work environment. The University is also committed to working with applicants with disabilities requesting accommodation during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes. Applicants with disabilities may contact email@example.com to communicate the accommodation need. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Note: if this is a union position: The hiring process will be governed by the current collective agreement related to the union affiliation noted above; you can click here to find out more.
- Non-profit Organization Management Higher Education Financial Services
- Human Resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.