This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The Associate Dean (Teaching & Learning) role is responsible for the development, implementation and drive of all teaching and learning activities across the Werklund School of Agriculture Technology (WSAT). As a member of the WSAT Administration Team and working closely with the Dean and the Teaching & Learning Centre of Innovation (TLCI), the Associate Dean (Teaching & Learning) works with all staff to embed quality, development, benchmarking and review processes across the school, and is expected to collaborate nationally and internationally to grow our teaching and learning capabilities and outputs.
Key Job Functions:
- In collaboration with the Dean, develops and implements teaching and learning strategies for the School.
- Establishes and refines activities aimed at increasing the national and international teaching and learning profile of the School and College.
- Strengthens the culture of teaching and learning and supports a vision of change.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with WSAT faculty. Identifies and shares opportunities and challenges to set community-centric and collaborative learning goals.
- In collaboration with campus units (e.g., A/V), develops internal communication strategies that promotes TL practices, successes and experiences across all WSAT programs and reflects the organization's vision for TL.
- Works closely with TLCI to increase awareness of TL services, and optimize pedagogical training frameworks of support, content and activities.
- In collaboration with the TLCI, supports, engages, promotes excellence in TL and fosters a culture of scholarly activity.
- Critically analyses and develops the current and future teaching and learning requirements of the School
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a post-secondary institution or in the public school system is required.
- Strong team leadership and communication skills, excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Innovative and creative ideas for success in a changing landscape of academia and scholarly activity.
- Teaching experience or experience in an academic support role is a strong asset.
- Is familiar with current instructional practices and creating optimal learning environments.
- Has knowledge of new and relevant technologies.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a calm, effective and efficient manner.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- An ability to develop and implement strategies to address long-term opportunities.
- The capacity to be a forceful advocate for the WSAT, its faculty and academic programs.
- A commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, and the highest personal integrity.
The statements contained in this job posting reflect general details as necessary to describe the key job functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It is not an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Other duties may be assigned.
Please apply by July 8, 2021.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Olds College, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Olds College is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and persons of any sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Grow your Career with Olds College