Program Coordinator, Full-Time MBA, Recruiting & Admissions (PRN26767B)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The David Eccles School of Business is seeking a talented, energetic professional as a Program Coordinator, Recruiting & Admissions for the Full-Time MBA program to provide administrative support and oversee programming and events. The position requires extensive interaction with prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, vendors, and other school and university staff. This person must have strong communication and project management skills, have a high quality service orientation, be an effective team player, and excellent organizer to handle multiple tasks.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN26767B - 00033 - Executive Education
COMPENSATION: $15.19 to $24/hour
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, M-F, Evenings & Weekend Events as necessary (3-4 per month)
• Significant interpersonal communication with prospective students over the phone, as well as in-person, and through e-mail.
• Prepare records and maintain files on activities relating to recruiting and admissions on the platform Salesforce (previous system experience preferred, not required)
• Answer phones and respond to initial prospect inquiries.
• Process student applications including communication, setting up interviews, and managing all incoming, supporting documents.
• Provide ongoing communication to prospective students and applicants throughout the application process.
• Plan and implement Full-Time MBA events as required, for example: Interview Days, Information Sessions, and recruiting fairs.
• Maintain accurate and detailed event records. Collect records of suggested improvements for future events.
• Work with another Recruiting Coordinator on evaluation for events, new programs, and other projects as assigned.
• Significant interaction with in-house marketing in order to update recruiting materials and create new content.
• Accurately represent the Full-Time MBA program and the university. Be responsible for making decisions (in partnership with another Recruiting Coordinator) related to running the program in an effective and conscientious manner.
• Finalize prospective student applications and coordinate admissions decisions
• Process student enrollment and verify documentation
• Assist Student Affairs team with online onboarding course ahead of orientation
• Event coordination of pre-MBA orientation
• Connection with MBA students entering the program that will facilitate assigning current student mentors and MBA student teams
Note: This job description is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. In addition to recruiting and admissions responsibilities the Program Coordinator will also have the opportunity to work directly with current students and support all needs of the program. Additional responsibilities could include faculty support, student club oversight, and knowledge of online university systems (to be trained).
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
• Nearly Continuously: Office environment. (During COVID-19, this job will be a combination of in-office and remote work. Once the COVID-19 issue subsides, this job will return to on-site.)
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
• Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
• Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
• Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead, Lifting – up to 50 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in a related area; one year of experience in career services, human resources, working in a campus environment or post college experience; a basic knowledge of employment policies, legal constraints and interviewing techniques; and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and effective communication skills required. The ability to manage time and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks are also required. A degree in a related area may include human resources, behavioral sciences, business or other relevant field.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be organized, flexible, detail-oriented, a team player, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/118799
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.