This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
About the opportunity
Reporting into the Deputy Director, Alumni and Supporter Relations you will engage meaningfully with alumni to support the strategic objectives of the University and the Advancement Portfolio through effective pipeline management of the four stages of engagement from communication, connection, contribution and giving.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Relationship manager who:
- Is an expert at stakeholder management. You enjoy collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to increase alumni engagement, advocacy, and philanthropy.
- Can manage relationships with Deans and Heads of Schools that establishes and implements the annual engagement plan.
- Has extensive experience in business development or stakeholder engagement. You are goal oriented and results driven and you enjoy reporting on your performance and successes by documenting your monthly and yearly targets.
- Has strong analytical skills and an ability to research, formulate and present high-level oral briefings.
- Can demonstrate your project management skills and has a proven ability to prioritise a large workload
The Alumni and Supporter Relations team engages with alumni and the broader community through a wide range of communications, events, community giving and engagement programs. The University of Sydney has a community of 380,000 alumni with associations and networks around the globe.
There are four Relationship Managers in the team who are responsible for meeting with individual alumni and maintaining relationships with their allocated faculties. This includes identifying, meeting and qualifying high potential alumni, developing individual engagement plans for specific alumni, and speaking with alumni about Gifts in Wills and community giving appeals.
Relationship Managers collaborate with the Global Campaigns and Volunteers team to directly engage individuals with bespoke opportunities. The Relationship Managers play an integral role in connecting the Alumni and Supporter Relations team with the Deans and Heads of School to establish the annual engagement plan and provide quarterly reports.
To apply for this opportunity please complete the online application including:
- a copy of your resume,
- cover letter AND
- address the 2 selection criteria outlined in the application
Closing date: 11:30pm - Monday 12th July
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment
Your application has been successfully submitted.