Manager of Social Services
The primary purpose of your job position is to plan and organize, the operation of the Social Services department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Manager of Social Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing services to respond to the emotional needs of the residents and their families. You will also assist with resident admissions and the referral process. No direct supervisory function.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Executive Director.
- Maintain a reference library of written material, laws, standards of practice, etc., necessary for complying with current standards and regulations, and that will provide assistance in maintaining quality social service.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Executive Director.
- As part of the admission process, meet with the resident and family to review policies on advances directives, resident rights and non-discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by resident/family needs.
- Assist residents, as needed, with financial planning.
- Maintain communications with caseworkers.
- Keep the resident’s family informed of resident problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
- Maintain a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals.
Education, Credentials And Experience
Prefer current license/certification in the state of practice.
Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience as a Social Worker or related field, in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
One (1) Year Experience In Long-term Preferred.
Must demonstrate the ability to assess resident needs, develop and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process. Must possess knowledge of accreditation standard and compliance requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.