Physician Recruiter (Primary Care Center)
Responsible for facilitating all aspects of the recruitment process to ensure an effective and efficient physician recruitment program. Facilitates the full cycle of the recruitment process including development of sourcing relationships and advertising opportunities, creation of recruitment materials, sourcing and pre-screening candidates, scheduling and coordinating interviews, providing information to candidates, and keeping current with physician recruitment strategies and best practices. Consults with department or center leadership on physician recruitment strategies and implementation and take an active role in communicating recruitment activity, and developing reports and presenting results to leadership on a regular basis. Acts as a liaison between physician candidates and leadership ensuring the quality and quantity of physicians are appropriate to meet clinical, operational, strategic, and organizational goals. This position reports to department or center leadership.
- Plans, develops, implements , and executes effective recruitment strategies and sourcing techniques to attract physician talent to UT Health San Antonio.
- Identifies and presents qualified physician candidates to leadership.
- Develops a pipeline of potential candidates for current and future multi-year needs.
- Tracks and maintains accurate and timely records of candidates and outcomes.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of applications used to track physician recruiting-related metrics. Provides regular reports to department leadership.
- Identifies and evaluates trends in healthcare recruitment and develops innovative strategic plans to respond to these trends.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains the recruitment budget
- Partners with marketing, Human Resources, Office for Faculty, and Credentialing to ensure a transparent and smooth recruitment process.
- Arranges and coordinates relocation planning activities like neighborhood tours or real estate meetings, as needed.
- Researches and participates in conferences, job fairs, and physician recruitment events
- Assists in spouse employment opportunities as necessary.
- Once a candidate has signed the Letter of Offer, ensures a complete hand-off to the onboarding team, and assists when necessary.
- Serves as project leader for major physician recruitment initiatives/projects.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Healthcare Administration, Marketing, Communication or related field is required.
Two to Four (2-4) years of physician recruiting experience is required. Experience recruiting passive candidates.
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR) certification is preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.